Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 days of gratitude: day 7.


...

Today, I am simply thankful for a place to sleep. And not just any place but my place. My comfy, cozy, as hot or cold as I want it, kick all the covers off and cuddle pillows place. I've been thinking about how many do not get to call their place to sleep a "bed" or a place to relax. I think about when I went to Haiti and saw hundreds of people living in Tent City...was that their "place"? Or the kids who slept on dirt floors in the slums of India...did they have a cuddle pillows place? Remembering the people I saw and how grateful they were for a place to sleep (and it didn't have to be "their" place), I am humbled. How often do I go on vacation, stay in a hotel, eat room service in a bed, yet complain that I can't sleep well because it's not "my" bed?

We as a society definitely need a reality check. A place to sleep should be good enough, and if we're fortunate enough to have somewhere to call ours, we should feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment